Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome from exiting Denver!

First day of the AHRMM conference and so far it is meeting all of my expectations. Today was Materials Management 201. This session was conducted by the 2006 AHRMM President Robert Perry. The information was priceless. Robert covered all aspects of materials management. One of the most important take away of this session was the suggestion to create an MM dashboard to keep your customers and superiors informed of all the current projects and initiatives, and report any savings that are being achieved. As Materials Managers, we are constantly influencing our organizations bottom line and are critical to operations, but we shy away from publicizing our successes. This is just one of the many insightful topics that were discussed during this session. I would highly recommend this session to anyone looking to enhance their MM knowledge base.


After this session, I headed over to the Welcome Reception. I was very excited to meet some old friends as well as meet some new ones. I was also able to personally meet some members that I had only dealt with over the phone.


I am looking forward to tomorrow’s opening keynote address as well as attending all of the educational tracks that I signed up for. I am sure that I will not be disappointed. I am hitting the sack early tonight so that I can be fully prepared for the day ahead. I am sure that tomorrow will definitely surpass my expectations. Hope to meet as many of you as I can.



Norberto Molina, CMRP

No comments:

Post a Comment