Wednesday, August 4, 2010

AHRMM10

WOW. The last two days have been incredible. Steve Rizzo’s opening keynote address was phenomenal. I know a lot of people that could use a little humor in their lives.

My first track Communicating Like a Leader did not disappoint. Dave Kaczmarek delivered another blockbuster presentation with tons of takeaways that can be implemented immediately. My second session, Expediting Savings Through Data Transparency, has given me the knowledge to present and leverage the correct data to key stake holders within my organization to identify and execute savings initiatives. My third session, Supply Chain OR Management, validated my savings initiatives at my organization and gave me some additional strategies.

The best thing about these educational tracks is that the information presented is real life experiences from my colleagues. The Education Committee has truly outdone themselves. I have a new admiration for the members.

The exhibit floor was jam packed. Walking the exhibit floor gave me the opportunity to be exposed to companies that I would have not necessarily have contact with. I also took the opportunity to inquire about current and upcoming technologies.

Overall the conference has been a worthwhile and positive experience. I am looking forward to the rest of the week. So far, I give this experience Six out of Five stars.

Well it’s time to go. I have been up since 5am, and I need to get ready for today’s General Session on Healthcare Reform. This should be really interesting. See you there.

Norberto Molina, CMRP

No comments:

Post a Comment