Monday, July 27, 2009

AHRMM09 - Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am missing the closing of the conference in order to catch my flight home, so I will give my own closing remarks. (Thanks, no applause, really, thanks . . )

To begin, let me say, what a terrific conference. Benchmarking , evidence based process improvement, if you don't report to your CFO, now is the time to start creating your own report and getting the CFO to notice your contributions, great vendor exhibits, and sharp, informed new contacts are only a portion of what I am taking away with me, back to Cincinnati's Jewish Hospital and our IDN, the Health Alliance. Thank you to the faculty, organizers, vendor sponsors and AHA.

I'm looking forward to AHRMM10 in Denver and may attend whether my hospital pays or not. One of my favorite snippets of information is the ratio of cost of attending to the typical savings in dollars generated by implementing lessons learned: 1:3. Even more exciting is $1 saved in Supply costs can generate overall hospital savings of up to $25. I've got to go now and start implementing, benchmarking, data gathering, report writing . . .

Thanks to Tracey Heusner of AHA. Hope I wasn't to much of a pain. Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment