Friday, July 17, 2009

Introducing James Fothergill

My name is Jim Fothergill. It will be my pleasure to blog as an attendee of AHRMM09. Currently, I am the Manager of Material Distribution for The Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati. My materials background began thirteen years ago when I became the Pharmacy Buyer for that same hospital. Prior to that I was a Pharmacy Technician for several years. My current responsibilities include operations management for the medical and surgical supply staff, linen distribution, mailroom operations, and receiving dock operations. Each of these areas includes a bit of IT administration. That brings me to blogging and this opportunity to provide my impressions and observations from this year's conference.

The Director of Supply Chain for our six hospital IDN, The Health Alliance asked me to attend AHRMM09 as a representative. It will be an excellent chance for me to learn from experts and thought leaders who will be presenting the state-of-the-art seminars and other presentations at the conference. Networking and hobnobbing with those same folks along with a plethora of vendors will also be high on my agenda. I have attended a Technology Conference presented by the AHRMM in 2006, in Chicago and took home a great deal of information and learning from it.

If you see me at a seminar or associated event, stop, introduce yourself, and give me some of your impressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment