Monday, July 6, 2009

Introducing Kathi Pressley

Hello, this is Kathi Pressley, Director of Materials Management for Olympic Medical Center; we are a medium sized rural facility. Our patient based is 70% for both outpatient activity, significantly contributed to by several outpatient clinics, and government payees. I have worked in the healthcare community for 22 years, uniting paramedic training, business acumen, and growing experience in the healthcare field. I believe in enhancing day to day learning moments and volunteer contributions to our profession. That is why I wanted to “blog”.

I am attending AHRMM09 as a freshman AHRMM Board member, Representing Region 9, essentially the West Coast. I have had great mentors ever since I applied for a scholarship to my first AHRMM meeting almost ten years ago. I want to encourage new members to ARHMM to become more involved; there are many opportunities as members of affiliate professional groups, speakers or simply introducing speakers.

AHRMM09 is a great opportunity to see beyond the demanding focus of your facility to the myriad of changes within our field and meet peers with diversified perspectives.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kathi,
    It's good to be another member from the great Northwest. This is my first meeting and look forward to some interesting conversations.
    Sal Ramirez
    University of Washington
    Seattle

    ReplyDelete